You Won’t Believe What They Found In Her After She Started To Complain About Her Stomach Pains

Image: SmokedNGrilled

Image: SmokedNGrilled

A 16-year-old girl has learned the hard way, that there can be many hidden dangers while grilling, especially those associated with grill brushes.

The unnamed teen was on vacation when she began to complain about feeling a sharp pain in her stomach. As it worsened, she was taken to Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children in Delaware.

SEE ALSO: “Pregnant Woman Moves Into Basement Room She Found On Craigslist – It’s Too Late When She Notices Something Hidden In The Corner”

There, the doctors discovered that a wire bristle believed to have originated from a grill brush was lodged in her stomach. She recalls grilling with her family, but doesn’t remember anyone using a brush to clean off the grill. Never did she imagine that a brush bristle would land in her meal.

Image: KTLA

Image: KTLA

Usually when it comes to injuries like this, the bristles get caught in the neck or throat. Doctors say she was very fortunate that infection didn’t take place where the bristle was lodged.

“This is a great example of a situation where it is not a very common occurrence, but if physicians are aware there’s a potential for injury, they can explore the patient’s history to see if a grill brush bristle injury could be involved.” – Dr. Matthew Di Guglielmo

There are many precautions that you can take. Try using a brush with nylon bristles instead of a wired brush, or just wipe down the grill with a cloth after using.

Article: CNN