Her Daughter Suffered 2nd Degree Burns – You Won’t Believe What Ordinary Device Caused This!

2nd degree burns

Image: Jackie Fedro

An Illinois mother, Jackie Fedro, is trying to get her daughter’s story out there, in hopes that she will spare many accidents regarding cell phones and bad habits of charging them.

“One of the reasons we finally gave in and bought her a cell phone is so we can keep in touch with her more with her crazy practice schedule,” she said.

Just one week when her daughter Gabbie was using her new phone in her room, something bizarre happened. Fedro heard her daughter screaming as she was rushing downstairs while grabbing her neck in pain.

SEE ALSO: Father Burns And Kills His Baby Girl With Cancer For Taking Up All Of His Wife’s “Attention”

second degree burns

Image: Jackie Fedro

Gabbie says that while she had been using her phone, it was plugged into the AC outlet on the wall. The teen was shocked by an electric current that traveled from her phone, through her necklace.

“She suffered painful second-degree burns and now will have a scar all the way around her neck,”

While these cases are extremely rare, they do happen. Most of the injuries that are sustained from accidents like these stem form the phone’s lithium-ion batteries that overheat and eventually explode and burn.

Image: FOX 4 News

Image: FOX 4 News

Image: Dr. Gero Albs

Image: Dr. Gero Albs

The photos above show just how dangerous these incidents can be.

Remember to not be talking on the phone while it is charging, you can seriously get hurt and end up with scars like Gabbie’s:

Image: Jackie Fedro

Image: Jackie Fedro

Article: Buzzfeed Health