Tiny Lithium Batteries

2-year-old Brianna Florer, of Jay, Oklahoma, died Monday, Dec. 28— six days after swallowing a common battery used in children’s toys and musical greeting cards.

While some batteries can pass through the body without causing harm. The tiny small button shaped silver colored buttons can get stuck in the esophagus and expose the body to an alkaline substance reports Fox 5 New York.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) state that older adults who may confuse the tiny batteries as pills, and children under 4 that are in reach of objects that use batteries are or the highest risk of swallowing them as for they are often used in hearing aids, remote controls, calculators, and wristwatches.

SEE ALSO: “Little Boy Dies After Playing In The Dirt – A Family’s Worst Nightmare

Within just a few hours of ingesting the lithium batteries, the CPSC warns that a child can suffer chemical burns in that little of time. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) also warn that people who may have followed the tiny battery may have abdominal and chest pain, nausea and possibly bloody vomit, or even asymptomatic (showing no symptoms).

Toddler Dies Eating Lithium Battery

Image: Go Fund Me

 God, please be with Brianna’s family and comfort her parents with your incredible love.

Article: Fox News