Doctors Are Stumped As To How A Puppy Lives After Swallowing An 8-Inch Steak Knife

Puppy swallows knife

Image: YouTube

Puppies, much like kids, are a handful because they just about get into everything that they aren’t supposed to! When 6-month-old Lexi swallowed a steak knife, doctors were sure they had seen it all.

X-rays revealed that the eight-inch knife was lodged inside her body. The staff at the Animal Referral Hospital worked for 45 minutes to safely maneuver the knife out of the puppy. We can only imagine how nerve wrecking it must have been having to do something so delicate.

SEE ALSO: “Squirrel Gets His Head Stuck In A Cup, The Hardest Part Of The Rescue Was Catching Him!”

Video: Inside Edition