Storm Claims 2 Lives Of Mother And Son While They Were In Their Car
A New Jersey mom Sasha Lynn Rosa, 23, and her 1-year-old son, Messiah, died of carbon monoxide poisoning while waiting for dad to clear the snow around the vehicle.
Mother, son and daughter Saniyah were all waiting for dad to shovel the snow around their 4-door Mazda to clear a path. What happened was that the car’s tailpipe became clogged with snow, letting all the carbon monoxide accumulate within the car.
Mother and children were all huddled for warmth as the engine was running, slowly causing their deaths. The father was clearing the snow for about 20 minutes before he checked on them, he found them all unconscious.
Desperate for help, he called 911 and sought help from the neighbors. EMTs responded as quickly as they could, but they were too late. Mother and son had died, and their 3-year-old daughter was left in a critical state.
SEE ALSO: “East Coast Snowstorm Is Approaching Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina and Washington DC – Please PRAY!!”
A neighbor who stepped outside her home Saturday night described the scene to Channel 7.
“I know that the boy don’t have life because he’s like this and I try and try, and my nephew tried, and premedical tried, those people worked so hard. I tried to help the girl and I put my mouth on the girl’s and paramedics worked so hard to save that kid.” – ” said Isabel Carmona, a neighbor who stepped outside to help the family.
Mother and son were pronounced dead at the St. Mary’s Hospital in Passaic, while the daughter was sent to St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in grave condition.
Memorial flowers and candles were placed in front of the family’s car this past Sunday. The winter storm Jonas has already claimed at least 28 people.
Let us pray for the grieving family, may you find comfort in the arms of God, AMEN!
Article: NY Post