Flying Cars, Glass Bottom Boats, Train Houses?
People from the Victorian Era had visions of what the world might look like in the year 2000 and beyond. Some of their imaginative ideas were spot on while others..maybe not so much. Taking a look back at what they envisioned for the world of the future, is pretty funny to see. Here are some of the fancy illustrations, and crazy contraptions they saw emerging through the lens of the industrial revolution.
1. We Will All Be Able To Walk On Water While Having Economics Discussions:
2. Sidewalks That Move, You Know, So We Don’t Have To Walk:
3. Steam Trains Will Be Powerful Enough To Bring The DrugStore To You, Along With The Entire Block:
4. Plays And Other Types Of Entertainment Will Be Holographically Beamed Into Your Home, Through Your Soup Can Phone:
5. People Will Have Personal Flight Options For Traveling. Would You Prefer Bat Or Bird Wings?
6. Steam Powered Factories and PowerPlants, Right Next Door To Church:
7. Trains That Are Boats, But Are Steam Powered, But Are Submersible (A Variety Of Oxymorons):
8. Glass Bottom Boats. Hey Wait..Those Exist Don’t They?
9. Who Needs Umbrellas When The Cities Will Have Their Own Roofs, With SkyLights?
10. X-Ray Machines That Can See Through Walls. Pretty Sure These Exist (They Don’t Want You To Know That Though)
11. Personal Flying Hot Air Balloons. Good day sir.
12. Passenger Hot Air Balloon Travel Will Be Normal, But I think I prefer Airplanes.
People living in the Victorian Era had some pretty good, bad, and interesting ideas of what the year 2000 might look like. If anything, we should all be grateful we skipped building the city roofs. What do you think the year 3000 will look like? Let us know.